Experience the past with the comfort of the present
For the first time in more than 50 years The Rift has re-opened and now welcomes guests to this recently restored residence.
The Rift, built in the 1870′s with a separate Coach House is one of the Southern Highlands original estates.
The Rift, originally a private home also operated as a guest house in the 1920′s-30′s and hosted visitors such as Dame Nelly Melba.
In the 1940′s and 50′s The Rift was occupied by a series of boarding schools before becoming a private home again in the 1960′s until 2005.
The Rift was then abandoned and neglected until 2011 when restoration to its current glory began.
- Elegant, tranquil setting, an easy 90 minutes drive from Sydney
- Luxurious interiors
- Accommodation for up to 20 people
- 7 bathrooms, including claw foot baths
- Demonstration kitchen with quality appliances and Aga oven.
- Separate catering/guest kitchen in Coach House
- 6 open fires, Hydronic heating, Nobo electric heaters and under floor heating (in bathrooms)
- Enclosed courtyard with bbq and outdoor dining, surrounded by kitchen herbs & salad greens
- Pick your own seasonal fruit and vegetables
- Ballroom – with surround sound home theatre and 100″ screen, converts to presentation room seating 60 or banquet dining for 30
- Expansive meeting/yoga room
- Separate Massage/treatment building and breakout rooms
- Private interview/meditation room
- Games room with professional size Pool table
- 3 acres heritage gardens, with natural bush boundary, pond and fountain
- Fringed by Mt Gibraltar park with many bush walking trails to chose from
- Walking distance to the centre of Bowral
- Close to local cafe’s and restaurants including Biota
- Playing field ideal for physical training, sports & group/team building activities
- Croquet/badminton lawn
- Various marquis locations
- Self-catering or onsite catering available on request
- Car park for 8-10 cars and ample off street parking